Your Brand Personality Is Your Sales Edge
How can brand personality give you a sales edge over your competition? Well, it’s about people and connection which are the core of business. Listen to today’s episode and find out why your brand personality is your sales edge and how that translates to money in the bank.
Why is it important?
Having a clear brand personality will help in two major ways:
- Positioning – It is your opportunity to stand out by defining and being your unique self.
- Connecting – People will naturally connect emotionally with a specific personality they are attracted to.
How to bring it to life
- Decide who you are FIRST – how are you perceived? What are your values?
- Enlist the help of family & friends – ask them for feedback.
- Get to know your audience – what things do they like that could appeal?
- Be clear on your brand voice – have a style guide, share with teams, stay on brand and be very clear about what your brand stands for and how you want to communicate it to the world.
- Be inspired by others – look at what other big and small brands have done. Take that inspiration to develop your own brand personality.
- Don’t overthink it – don’t spend months on this or use it as an excuse to not work on marketing tactics you should be doing.
Where & how can you share your brand personality?
- Your entire website.
- Include your story in your website – people buy from people
- Get some good pictures taken and personalise your content – this will be a great investment
- Share more about your day-to-day in your content – LinkedIn posts, blogs, articles, and events.
- Share the good and the bad and the challenging – it shows you are human and people can relate to your issue
- Your content – those articles you write, the podcast you have, the Linkedin posts. Don’t be bland.
- Have a funny out-of-office message
- Please do something about that boring voicemail
- Email footer
Your digital brand assets should reflect your personality. It is OK to have some fun in business. Show people who you are on your digital channels. I highly encourage my clients to do this. These are all marketing assets and touchpoints that are valuable real estate for your personal and business brand.
If you want help with your marketing, I would suggest starting with a 2-hour exploration session so we can uncover the missed opportunities and gaps that are costing your business. You will find all the details at digitalconversations.com.au Or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Links & Resources
- Book an Exploration Session here: https://www.digitalconversations.com.au/exploration-session/
- Download the Social Free Sales PDF and get 7 ways to supercharge your sales right now: https://saleswithoutsocials.com.au/
Did you enjoy this episode?
If you enjoyed this episode, I’d really love it if you can SUBSCRIBE. More subscribers help the podcast reach more people, and I would be truly grateful. Thank you for being awesome.